Location: Lodi, California
Date Posted: 2/4/2020
Job Code: POSTING-3-15456-2218
Job Posting Title:
1401-Line Worker I
* Know the requirements for each product in the specific department
* Cut, fold, mold, twist, add toppings or decoration to the product
* Make sure that the product meets specifications for weight, length, color, toppings, decorations etc.
* Discard or recycle product that does not meet specifications
* Be able to keep up with the speed of the line
* Pack product into shipping boxes, stack, label and palletize
* Participates in Lean (5S, Autonomous Maintenance) activities and may include Sanitation tasks.
* Ensure that the work area and equipment are clean
* Assist other Departments as required
* Operate motorized pallet jack (certification required)
SAFETY & QUALITY:
* Comply with standard food industry Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and all other food safety requirements as they relate to all products and processes.
* Comply with wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs)
* Report any food safety problems or potentially unsafe practices/conditions to the Team Leader or Supervisor
* Rotate positions to avoid injury (rotation time varies with tasks)
* Be able to safely lift items from 10-30 pounds - boxes, scrap bins, garbage bins
* In certain areas may be required to lift heavier items 30-50 pounds - bags of flour, buckets of ingredients, corn syrup
* Some positions require specialized, repetitive arm and hand movements e.g. decorating tall cakes, twisting dough into specific shapes (some breads, snails, folding pockets) which may require shorter rotations
* Some positions require working in cold conditions when dealing with frozen products or working in freezers and will require additional protective clothing
* Some positions will require working in very hot conditions when dealing with products going into and out of ovens and will require wearing protective gloves
* Most positions are located in areas with loud noise and will require the employee to wear protective ear plugs
* Other conditions include flour dust, wet floors, occasional smoke and fumes if bread burns, occasional fumes from cleaning chemicals (ammonia)
* Periodically work at heights on ladders and scissor lifts
* Work with pressurized air and water approximately 10% of the time.
* Chemical Handling/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) approximately 5% of the time
* These positions have no supervisory responsibilities
* Daily interaction with the Team Leader and Supervisor
* Works according to standard instructions/procedures with limited decision making - informs Team Leader or Supervisor of problems
* More experienced Line Workers may teach less experienced workers
* Bi-lingual employees may be called upon to translate meetings, instructions or other information
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Company: TreeHouse Foods, Inc.